Friday, February 10, 2017

Hi Ho Hi Ho- Back to Writing I Go

An update on my health....I am cancer free and can wait 1 year rather than 6 months for paps & mammograms. If you don't get regular check-ups and cancer screenings PLEASE do! They can save your life.

Writing is a distraction and coping tool for my bipolar and anxiety. Writing places in my world and it's less stressful there. Though it can be stressful if you are struggling with the plots, characters and many other things. Over the last week I have noticed a change in my behavior and moods. They have been better.
I have jumped back into my writing. I started 'Love of Nessa' (might change title) this last week. I have been writing every day and a few of them I wrote over 1500 words when my goal is 500.
I'm trying out Scapple, a mind mapping program. Never really plotted my stories and I doubt I'm using it the way I should. Instead of plotting the stories I'm plotting character bios and relationships. I tried plotting on it and I don't know if I like it yet. Maybe. Here are tow pictures of my mapping...
Character Mapping

Plot Mapping
Today, before I write with @FriNightWrites I am updating my Scrivener with the characters. It might take some time but I have a few hours. Here's a picture of it so far...
Scrivener for 'Love Of Nessa'
I now have to find character inspiration pictures on Pinterest and the web. That's my goal, to have all characters' picture done.

As you can see I'm doing better and writing is the key to keeping it that way. 

Here's a look at 'Love Of Nessa':
Nessa is a meek uneducated female wolf shifter. She is handed over to mate an Alpha and it scares her. Through the first few chapters she struggles with her new role and fights it some of the time. Her mate has his own struggles... An Alpha that shares a property line starts sabotaging the pack and will end up starting a war (something that hasn't happened in over three centuries).

That's all I got so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment