Thursday, July 28, 2016

Stress of a Bipolar

Never say "I can't get any worse." Because it can. This week has proven it.

Monday I had my yearly mammogram. Yes it hurt, but it's a necessary for me. My son got hurt at work and has cuts & scrapes all over his face, arms and legs.

Tuesday radiology called and said they needed more angles and a ultrsound. I get to wait a week & a half before I can get the tests done.

Wednesday I had my blood tests for everything you can imagine. Found out my PAP from the week before, came back abnormal and I'll have to have them done every 3 months until it's normal. Blood tests are good except my white count cells. Which means I go back on antibiotics & antivirals. This means my bipolar meds and mood stabilizers will work less. I had to send my daughter back to her grandma's because I won't know when an anger episode will hit.

How I'm dealing with it...
I'm not. My mom and paternal grandma died from breast cancer and I'm a cervical cancer survivor.  I can't focus. So far I have watched Charmed since Monday. It's seems to make me feel a bit better.
I have written very little. Though I have plotted several books out, if I ever get to writing again. I'm glad I finished CampNaNoWriMo before all this hit. I managed 30k in 20 days.


There have been a few good things in the last week:
Saturday: My daughter and her friends, my gaggle of giggling girls, spent a night. I love having them here, they talk to me about everything from friends to sex to things they shouldn't do. It makes me feel great they feel they can open up like that to me.
My son and his friend were also here. They were in and out of the apartment but, took me to the store.
Both groups of kids gave me hugs every time they came in and out. Hugs make you feel better.
A good thing is I have the money to pay ALL my bills for next month without borrowing. That relieves some of my stress. I also have a bit in savings still. You can't imagine how much a little thing like being able to pay bills.

Today I felt a little better and made up beef stew in the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment