Saturday, July 30, 2016

Oops! Too Many WIPs

Today I was organizing my Scrivener files and making sure they were all named by the MC (Main Character). I didn't realize I had so many started and not past the first few chapters. SO, being OCD I decided I will NOT start another one until I finish half of them. I do have 2  I'm editing, which means they are written but need some TLC. You can see them all in the photo here. It's my Scrivener files.


I'm hoping my brain will do as I want it to. It keeps jumping in with new story lines and characters. I guess that's part of being extreme rapid cycling bipolar disorder.

Once I put all my WIP into Aeon Tmeline 2, I found the gaps. That made me even more determined to finish them. I love that I can nest every event in each WIP, I can see where the gaps are. I can open them all and see where I need more stories at the bottom and top.


With taking my max dose of meds and staying inside so I don't have issues with my neighbors; I should have plenty of time after all my appointments. I may not like being forced to stay inside due to my anxiety and bipolar but it doe seem to get me writing and the house clean.


Excerpt of New WIP (Work in Progress).
Remember it is the 1st draft.

Morgan was running through the woods as fast as she could carrying her young. She knew they were coming for her, to take the baby away and impregnate her again. They were using females as breeders and sending the young off. After weeks of planner she finally escaped with a few other females, though she hadn’t seen any of them for days. Another branch smacked her in the face while holding the little one as close to her body as she could. Stopping near a small stream Morgan inhaled trying to smell if they were still following her and if so how close. Signing in relief, Morgan walked to the edge of the water. Setting the little one down on soft sandy bank, she drank the water as fast as she could. Not knowing when it’ll be available again.
© 2016 Jessica Markley


No comments:

Post a Comment