Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pokemon Go & Churches

Okay, I'm gonna post about Pokemon Go!
Here is a link I was directed to when reading googling the game to see how many people are bashing it.
http://thewardrobedoor.com/2016/07/churches-pokemon-go.html

It seems some people are all for it, even if they don't play. Many businesses are capitalizing on the game so this article is about Christians doing the same thing. Basically churches! You all should know by now that I am not Christian but other, raised as a Catholic for 15 yrs. I haven't been in a church, besides getting help for bills or helping out with pantries, since 2005 (a funeral).

I see nothing wrong with churches capitalizing on the game. Kids & adults are already going to the Pokestops that happen to be churches, why not talk to them. Many people think ALL churches are pushy, Yeah I have a family member (pastor) that is. This is a good way to get Pokeman GO players to chat, whether it be about the church's god or the game. Show the young ones that church is not to be feared, as I know some think.

In my eyes it's nothing more than something a bar or restaurant does with bands and food specials. Even seems like a good idea for churches to give kids a place to be when they could be out doing naughty things instead, like an after-school program. This article has great ideas (at least I think) about community involvement.

True Christians welcome EVERYONE, whether they believe in their churches god or not. This is a good way for churches to prove that.

That's it for my opinion on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment