Monday, July 11, 2016

New Aeon Timeline

Over the past few weeks I found I wanted to upgrade to Aeon Timeline 2. I love the first version so I used my cigarette money to buy the new version. I can't be happier with my decision. Not only do I smoke less I have another awesome tool to organize my writing and plots.

Downloading Aeon2 (Aeon Timeline 2) was simple. I learned you can keep the first version and projects for them. When saving a current project you can save it as a new one and keep the older version. This is what I have done.

Aeon2 still has the original features such as ability to create your own times (years, dates, etc.), create your own templates, ability to link to sites & pictures, Arcs, ability to see ages of participants in an event, and the ease of navigation

A new feature I like is the different skins available. I'm hooked on the the 'Dark' theme as you can see below.
Picture 1

Aeon2 states the following on features.

*Events are displayed graphically on the timeline with a title, date, and duration, but you can associate a lot of additional meta-data with an event, including colors, tags (keywords), notes, completion status, and other user-definable fields.
*If you give an entity a date of birth, Aeon Timeline will calculate that entity’s age for each event they are associated with, allowing you to quickly see someone’s age at important events in their life.
*In Aeon Timeline 2, you can select which entity type to group by (e.g. Person, Project, Arc, Location).

You can see below that it has a type of nesting, it's called 'Parenting' and 'Dependencies'.  I have not used different Arcs yet except for birth/death and global. Since I'm writing a series, the global Arc keeps the timeline completely visible for me. Later I'll move them to different Arcs, after I have played around more.
Picture 2

Another feature I use a lot is the ability to see ages of  characters at a certain event. This is perfect since my characters' ages span over a million years. Below is an example.
Picture 3


The 'Manage Entities' is great. I can add Arcs & characters. With the characters you can add date of birth and date of death & link it to an event like below. I put all Birth & Dates in their own Arc as in picture 5.
Picture 4
Picture 5

Well, it's time for me to get back to writing. I hope this helps you decide if Aeon2 is right for you.

*Sited from aeontimeline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment